1. Coaches and Referees should report to the league director at 6:15 pm for briefing each week before game time.
2. Games begin promptly at 6:30 pm.
3. Game night consists of 3 games 1st half, and 3 games 2nd half. Games are to 15 points.
4. Coaches/Refs are expected to help with crowd control during half time.
5. Players not present during half time can not play and second half games.
6. Coaches do not have to play during matches, but no more than one coach can play at a time.
7. Coaches/Refs are responsible for breaking down the nets at the end of the night.
8. Scoring shall be rally scoring, 3 games to 15.
9. The first team to reach 15 points wins.
10. Side/Serve is decided by the coin toss.
11. Once the first game is finished, start the next.
12. Losing team serves second game.
13. During a game only the Coaches/Asst. Coaches may speak to the referee.
14. Each player must be in the regular rotation.
15. One girl/one boy must be included in the regular rotation.
16. Each Team must have no more than six players on the court at one time.
17. Only one coach/asst. coach is allowed to play at a time.
18. Players are not allowed to switch teams once the season begins.
19. Players not on the court are expected to stay at courtside unless they are using the restroom.
20. Players can recruit friends to their team if they are “first time players.”
21. No player “substitution” of players is allowed.
22. Players may not reposition after service.
23. Players are expected to wear team apparel; Coaches enforce this.
24. Players must wear appropriate, modest attire.
25. Cleats are not allowed.
26. Each team is allowed one-30 second time out.
27. Purposeful stalling will result in a loss of a point by the offending team.
28. All lines are considered “IN.”
29. Lines that are moved during play shall not cause the rally to stop. In the event that a call cannot be fairly made due to a moved line, the rally will be canceled and replayed.
30. Any bodily contact with the net (excluding hair) is not legal.
31. Serves that touch the net and go over are considered GOOD or live.
32. Playing the ball off the net is legal.
33. Referees will call the score prior to each serve and then blow the whistle.
34. Servers must serve from anywhere behind the back line.
35. Physically challenged players may take 2 steps in after alerting the Referee.
36. Coaches/Asst. Coaches must serve underhand.
37. Blocking a serve is not allowed.
38. In blocking, a blocker may not touch the ball beyond the net.
39. Blocking is the action of a player(s) close to the net to deflect the ball coming from the opponent while reaching above the net. Hands are stationary.
40. The ball may contact any part of the player during the block.
41. Blocking does not constitute a team contact and any player may make the first contact after the block.
42. Coaches/Asst. are not allowed to block.
43. Back row players may not spike the ball and may not reposition after service to be in the front row to spike.
44. Only players in the front row may spike, or tip.
45. Coaches/Asst. coaches may not spike.
46. A player may have successive contacts with the ball (double hit) during a single attempt to dig a ball that can be defined as “hard Driven” (as determined by the Referee).
47. The ball must be contacted cleanly and not held, lifted pushed, caught, carried, or thrown.
48. A player is permitted to pass his/her hand beyond the net after his/her attack-hit, provided that his/her contact with the ball has been made within his/her own playing space.
49. A ball set below the ears is considered a carry.
50. Any player may be removed from the game/field for profanity, kicking the ball after it is dead, fighting, or arguing with the coach or referee or league leader.
51. Valley reserves the right to refuse game play to students who consistently violate the rules.
* No profanity
* No kicking the ball after it is dead
* No fighting
* No arguing with the referee